Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day # 74: A Billowy Sunday

#74
I actually got up and went to church this morning.  No it did not burn down and no lightening struck and I actually was glad to be there.  I went to All Souls to hear my friend, Jay Goldspinner, give the sermon.  She talked about life as a journey, as a path one walks.  She spoke of Sojourner Truth and the path she walked and how she had inspired Jay's life.  She spoke of Stanley Kunitz and his 100 year life and how it had influenced Jay's 84 years of life.  Jay is a good model.  She moves through at a steady and thoughtful pace.  Going to church and giving myself time to reflect, sing and be intentionally peaceful felt good.  It forced me to stop and take note of my journey, too.


                              3/15/2010
This pair of geese were important icons on the GCC campus 5 years ago.  Shortly after this picture was taken the male was killed trying to protect his mate.  She laid several eggs over the years, but I only remember one hatching, but it was eaten before Summer came to an  end.  The female, after he was killed, was clearly grieving.  She honked and honked and moaned for several weeks afterwards.  She had some duck friends, but she was lonely and sure enough, whatever foe was out there, got her, too. Living with that duck pond was a constant reminder of the basics of life; survival is the key motivation.  I miss it though.  Like church this morning, the duck pond is a reminder of what really matters.

 I love this building.  It is the local library and I think we are very lucky to have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment