Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Day # 65:5 years ago today

#65
I came downstairs this morning and sun was streaming in the windows, bright sun, lovely sun. Downtown you could tell the mood of the town was raised by it, people were happy.  I came home from swimming and the shadows in the yard were wonderful.  If you can enlarge this, do; its really cool.

A little reminiscence: 5 years ago today.


Mom and Patrick looking at the water

We talked about edges a lot today. We talked about real feelings and the reality of our lives, both mutual and singular. Patrick’s presence is calming because he is both strong and gentle. He has all of those characteristics that we hold so dear around here, Mom said, “He’s so real.” He is. (Mar. 6, 2010)


Dori making use of my bed.

So today was a much better photo day than yesterday.  It was more interesting to play with.  I tried really hard to shoot an icicle forming against a really blue sky, but none of the shots came out very well.  In the Greenfield Center School playground the kids had made giant snow balls, like there were a dozen first balls for large snowmen all over the yard.  But by the time I got there the sun was too far down and the snow was not the focus of the pictures.  But I tried, and I had a lot of fun taking them.  And that's the point, right?

I am spending most of my time writing and listening and trying to figure out how to integrate the women's voices throughout by setting the context and letting them speak for themselves, but it is difficult because by nature we don't use as much detail in speech.  We use much more in writing.  I'm going to have to go back and ask some direct questions. But I'm still on track.  I'll post something next week.  For tonight, enjoy the photos, both old and new.


No comments:

Post a Comment