Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Day # 198: Dance Until........




#198
Someone asked me, "What's new?" this morning and I realized I immediately jump to huge events and not a small wonderful change.  Recently I've been working on only having the small sweet changes and I do have one.



A friend of mine who is a very talented face and body painter, actually she's a very talented illustrator, is joining me tomorrow at the Farmers Market .  We are setting up my tent with a space for face painting to happen and room to take a portrait of the child afterwards if the parents want one.  I am excited for the opportunity.  I have more prints for sale and some new cards, but mainly, we will focus on the face painting.  They claim the more activity one can create by one's booth the more sales one will make.  We'll see if this works.





Adoptee Rights Coalition


Family is all. No matter how they come to join you, family is made of the connections that define us. 
Open records for all adoptees at age eighteen, and access to Original Birth Certificates (OBCs) is essential! All adoptees deserve to experience the completeness and co-mingling that permeated my book launch.
V.L. Brunskill.


Did you read or hear about the court case in in Missouri that is evolving about the babies who were taken at birth from their Moms? The Moms were told their babies died and the babies were sold to families who wanted to adopt. It appears that all of the babies were from African American moms. In order for this to happen a team of people needed to be involved. It makes me sick and I have to admit it makes it worse that this was a team of doctors and nurses. I didn't post the news broadcast on this blog, but I'm sure you can find it on FB or Twitter.

I started talking about Indiegogo on April 14th. Not good.



All right, should I buy the green or the black?





I wanted to get up and dance with the kids at camp today. when I was younger I didn't get up and dance cause I thought I was fat and spastic looking, and I never understood why the girls I thought were beautiful weren't dancing. I don't think it occurred to me that they didn't know they were beautiful and graceful. Nor did it matter, dancing was just plain fun. I didn't give into dancing until college and I didn't stop until a couple years ago when my knee started slipping in and out. Everybody should just get up and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment