Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day #183: Pictures and Poem

#183

These two are the same age.



                    25 YEARS        
                                         @Lindy 

I am a single creature.
I wonder about too much, daily.
I hear noises from the woods,
          birds speaking too early,
          awake before dawn - I push the sounds away.

I want your kisses back
          I want to not want anything more than you
          kissing me on my mouth, on my cheek -
          no arms holding me - just the comfort
          and harshness of your kiss.

I am alone with these thoughts. 

I pretend it doesn't matter.  I pretend
          someone else will do.

I touch you.  I ask you to
          just lie on me - don't touch me
          don't make love to me
          just lie on top of me .
          Your weight is almost too much
          and I wonder if I want you
          to stop me
          from breathing.

I worry that you won't go away
           will you come back again.

I cry when you leave and
          I reprimand myself - how stupid this is
          after 25 years -tears flow
          and I say stop it and I stop feeling

I am myself.  I am another bird
          who voices her existence at 4:30 in the morning.
          I am a large bird - my voice is large
          and I wonder if that is why
          you don't come often any longer.

          I say "go away" - no I'm kidding
          I understand - come back when you can.
          I say "go away" - no don't take me seriously,
          I'm kidding - I'm a bitch.
          I say "God damn it - go away."
          No - don't -  ever.
           Just kiss me once more -
          please once more - don't use your hands
          just your lips
          I know - you love me.

I understand after 25 years -
          you stay away because you love me.


I dream of another who swims
          into deeper water
          and treads water while he kisses me.

I try to think of all the others
          I hope that one
          will  fit  a little snugger - a little deeper
          a little more comfortable than you.

I am by myself.  I am alone
          with my comfortable chairs
          and the indented creases left
          from the perfect fit of your mouth.

Half way mark of 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment