Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day # 210: Birds, birds and more birds

#210
I think I will list all of the birds I see during the week.  There is a bird sanctuary down the road, I may go visit it.  I would love to spend more time studying seabirds, however, I am quite aware that I am here with a focus and I don't want to get too distracted.  But birds call to me.  


I got up early to write this morning.  One forgets that familiar noises become backdrops to life in your own surroundings, but when you change locations you are mesmerized by the different sounds of everyday.  In this spot there are 3 major sources of sound.  The first is a construction site in the lot next door where it appears they are building a hotel.  The second is the loudspeaker from the beach down the street which carries on the water and sounds like it is right outside my window.  And the third, and the most compelling is the bird life.  It is almost as though different bird families claim Jean's lawn at different times.  I do not hear dozens of bird songs at once, but during the morning have heard many in clumps, like the hawks that live near, for a good twenty minutes they dominated.  They talked to each other screeching out information I could not translate.  And now the seagulls are telling each other something.  


This guy hovered over me when I walked out of the house this afternoon.  I stood and talked to him for 10 minutes.  Emma thinks he was telling me to leave his baby bunnies alone, they were his.  But I'm telling you there was an entire language being used that I was unable to understand.  



The ocean is my place of poetry.  It is what I conjure up when I think of scene.  The smells, the noise, the wet air, all of it is poetic to me. And of course, there is the lobster.   







No comments:

Post a Comment