Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day # 189: Recharged


#189
This is interesting news that some of you might be interested in.  UCC Resolutions have been known to make their mark in National policies.  Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/UCCAdtopeeRightsResolution


Song for Nancy
                     by Nancy Schimmel
You've been gone a long long while
with your gift for color and dance and song
with your mother's mouth and our father's smile
you know I'm sorry it's been so long
In fifty five when you were born
I knew that marriage was not for me
but a natural child was a child of scorn
and they said they'd find you a family.

So someone else saw you laugh and grow
and someone else bought the birthday cake,
I kept my secret and finished school
and told myself it was for your sake.
Your other parents loved you well
Your other family did their best
but till you knew about your birth
Your wond'ring mind wouldn't let you rest.

Which part of you was heredity?
Your mother's song and your father's smile,
and your mother's own curiosity.
So we opened up the forbidden file.
The file is not Pandora's box.
It isn't the room with the bloody key.
It's full of some of who you are
and what you and I might grow to be.



I had a successful work day.  Tomorrow is going to be even more successful.  I have a clear plan and I know what I have to do and how to do it.  Feels good.  That hasn't been true in a few weeks.  I am as intentional as the guys in these photos.   




We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don't allow our bodies to heal, and we don't allow our minds and hearts to heal." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment