Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day # 195; Happy Birthday Loren McGrail

#195
It was a perfect British Isle day; the rain came in and out, sometimes as a drizzle, sometimes just a rain.  The temperature didn't get too hot and there was a small breeze.  Everything was green with the exception of this great blue heron, oh and some of the blueberries.



 Emma and I went for a short ride up into Warwick.  It was really lovely and meditative.  Bales of hey were being made.  Life was peaceful in farm land.
I did a lot of writing today, but more importantly I created the budget for the traveling I want to do in October.  The budget is dependent on my getting around unknown cities with some help from those of you who live in them.  The idea of visiting the women I have interviewed in their own worlds is very exciting to me.  I hope I can pull it off.  


Emma and I talked more about tribe today.  I felt so surrounded by my tribe last week, it caught me off guard.  This week I have had to make a point of being with people around here I feel that way about so I don't forget I do have tribe near home.  She's struggling with how you decide someone is a member of your tribe and who is not.  Fourteen is an important age, it is a struggle, but it is exciting. I guess 62 is, too.

Anyone know what this weed is?  I have three giant ones growing right outside the door.  I also have a whole patch of black eyed susans which I planted some 15 years ago, but they have never done more than produce 5 flowers.  Now there are 30 or more.  It's like the columbine that I didn't plant but appeared early summer.  I let the yard completely go last year because of my disability.  This year I hired a retired woman to mow a piece of it.  It's great.  She has created little spaces so I can still go and watch my birds and we see the raspberries and these wildflowers and weeds are showing themselves.  It's a new adventure every evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment