Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day #188: A Turkey Blessing

#188
I do have a lot more to say and write about family, but it is not quite formulated.  There is something so wonderful about the bond.  My love for Jason is so remarkably strong, it does transform physical world stuff.  We spent time at the Bookmill and then sat in a Chinese restaurant for two hours.  We visited the Cove and then he dropped me at my car.  We talked and talked and talked.  It was a good day.

And then the rain came down in this torrential downpour and the lightening was flashing; it was high drama.  Then the sun started to poke its head out of the clouds on one side of the house and on the other dark clouds were still rolling in.  I jumped in the car to drive up the mountain and find the rainbow.  No rainbow, none at all.  I came over a little bump in the road and straight in front of me was a singular turkey running down the road.  At first she didn't move out of the road, finally she got onto the grass head for the woods.   So, I didn't find a rainbow, but I did find a turkey.  I don't know why that felt so appropriate.  

Turkey is "shared blessings and harvest."
The turkey is sometimes called the Earth Eagle.It has a long history of association with spirituality and the honoring of the Earth Mother.  It is a symbol of all the blessings that the Earth contains, along with the ability to use them to their greatest advantage. 1


1:Animal Speak; Andrews, Ted, Llewellyn Publications, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment