Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Day # 212:Trying to stay focused

#212
It is Friday and beautiful out there.  I find myself dreaming of being on a boat more than writing a book, but I'm trying to stay focused.  The bay is full of sail boats and there is a tanker out in the ocean.  It is noon and hot and summery.






I just had a funny memory while listening to one of my interviews.  I remember lying in my hospital bed and someone from the hospital coming in and asking me if I wanted a picture of my daughter taken.  I remember thinking it was some kind of money scam or way for extra money to be made like aboard ships or entering the Boston Aquarium.  Anyway, I said, "no" because I didn't have any money.  But now that I've listened to enough of these stories, I realize the social workers were making sure moms went home with pictures of their newborns even if they were being relinquished.  Makes me sad, she was beautiful at birth.




No comments:

Post a Comment