Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day # 193: Chasing Balloons




#193
Day 2 with someone else's camera.  So funny, I think I have waited 28 years to follow a balloon down and it happens the first time in 9 years I didn't have my own camera on me.  Oh well, it is called learning on the job.  It was fun, I chased it for about 20 minutes before it finally landed between a house and a hospital.  



Tribe, that's what last week was all about, tribe.  I was surrounded by my tribe during the week.  Not all of them, but a lot of them that I don't get to see often enough.  I was overwhelmed by the sense of belonging that tribe gives me.  My tribe was living around me and I ate dinners with them and spent time in the yard talking and went from heavy issues to full blown out laughter in seconds.   Tribe, yup, made up of family and friends.  This is it.

All of the wires scare me when the balloons are overhead, but the pilots do know what they are doing. This group obviously had fun.  He took them up and over Poets Seat, over the river and down.  


I had someone look at my proposal and he convinced me it needed more work, so tomorrow I am buckling down, no distractions and I am going to write.   

Who is going to Carlsbad for the C.U.B. retreat in October?






No comments:

Post a Comment