Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Day #208: Still Looking For a Couple of Original Mothers

#208

In May of 2014 I was asked what criteria I was using to chose original mothers and I said it was going to be an intuitive process, which it was in the beginning.  But now it is a logical process, because there are holes in the larger story that together these stories create.  I am looking to fill those holes.  One example is if you are a Native American who relinquished thirty to fifty years ago and are willing to participate, I would love to hear from you.  I would love to hear from an urban woman of color who relinquished before open adoption.  Please, if you have any interest in being interviewed for my book leave me a comment.  This week I am hoping to finalize who will make up the total.


7/2010

Eating Buddha's Dinner; Bich Minh Nguyen 2007
Told from girl's perspective about coming to USA from Vietnam with her grandmother, father and sister and wrestling with assimilation and not having her mother.   Worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment