Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day #196: Movement



#196
Perfect day when flowers appeared to be fireworks: bursts of color.

Couple of new things:  the first is a friend of mine who is a remarkable face/body painter is going to join me at the Bernardston Farmers Market this Saturday between 10 and 1.  She will offer face painting and I will offer to document it.  I think it should be fun.  A child gets her face painted and she can get a picture of herself painted for three dollars or so.  We are going to try it a couple weeks at the market and if it is successful take it to some of the festivals around the county.  I think it should work.  Anybody have any advice or ideas?

The second is that I am getting clearer on exactly what is left to do and how to do it and how much time it will take.  I plan on having all of the stories written by Oct. 1st.  I will then go on my trip.

Here is a fb sign for Domestic Fair Trade Associates.  Colette Cosner is my sometimes guest author, Loren McGrail's daughter.  She was raised immersed in social action and actually surrounded by literacy and English for Speakers of Other Languages.  She is a good writer/poet herself and is doing incredible work with this interesting organization.  Anyone interested should go to their website.  I do tend to buy Fair Trade, but I'm careful not to be too political on this blog. That said, go check it out.  

At lunch time these guys had 4 generations of the family together ranging from 85 to 2.  

I had lunch at the same place with a friend of mine who happens to be an original mother, too.  Again it was inspirational to have someone to show the manuscript to and talk out what next.  
I can't wait to meet everyone.  It will be so interesting to put pictures with the stories and all together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment