Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Day #219: Growing New Life

#219
Today I interviewed an original mother at her house and spent time in her garden and while I was there a hummingbird came to the window and said hello and then went to drink from the garden allowing me to photograph him before we started.  It was very sweet. 


One of the patterns I have found while interviewing is that a lot of these women are gardeners.  They love having their hands in the soil and helping things grow.  It makes such sense to me and I feel it comes from the same place that makes me want to take beautiful photographs.  




I got home from interviewing and I just fell asleep.  Then I went up to the Coop and had dinner with my small community there.  It was home; I have come home.  

There was a reception in a new gallery that just opened up.  It is in a Main St. building with high ceilings and lovely floors and great designs on the walls all painted white.  A lot of the community was there and it was obvious that the woman who is running it is well liked.  There were people there I haven't seen in a while.  And Main St. lit up with the sunset.  Of course there was not the expanse of the ocean view, but the colors were stunning. I am home for better or worse.  I do have to find another place to write, and I think I should do a couple more weeks of secluding myself, but I am home and ready to write here.


2 comments:

  1. Carry on your good work, Lindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I spent a lot of time with you last week. Thank you for participating!!! I'll send you something soon.

      Delete