Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Day # 229: More Photos

# 229
They are all young teens now.  I actually spent the morning with a very little one, but then I went and got the teens.  Emma and I went swimming, which was by far the smartest thing we could have done. We went to the river and we swam for a while.  My knees don't work in the water, sort of useless, but it feels good to be in there.  But Emma had fun doing circles around me.  Yes, at the moment she is a much faster swimmer.  She refuses to look at me as old and disabled, though.   We use to swim in the river all the time, it was our favorite place to be in the summer.  Lots of people were on the beach today and it felt like old times.  


I started rereading a book on doing oral history last night and this morning.  I think I've been doing a pretty good job of collecting these interviews and not overly directing them.  It also reinforced that whole idea of not over analyzing, but letting the voices say what needs to be said.  




All the birds I saw today looked big.  I saw a blue jay who was as big as a crow.  He came into the pavilion we were sitting under and asked for some of our fries.  Emma gave him a hot dog bun that I didn't eat.  I hope it made him happy.  And this guy was really big, too, I think.













On top of Poets Seat in 2010.  I had been in Maine for a week and had returned home a few days before Mom's funeral.  Weather looked similar.


8/17/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment