Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day #238: Peaches and a Poem

#238

OK, the Indiegogo is ready to post.  It is complete, I believe.  So I will post it tomorrow.  Wow, long time coming.  The post will tell you more about the book and the collection of voices.  I am excited by the possibility of funding the last major step in the process.


Today I helped a friend's daughter enroll in a dual enrollment program.  She is the perfect candidate for this program and I hope she is accepted.  And it was amazing how much has changed in three years, and how much has stayed the same.  There are few such transitional programs for people at the moment, but this one is good and the guy who is running it was running it when I left and he has it down.   I miss interacting with students, but I don't miss the work, I don't miss the bureaucracy at all. 


My beautiful maple was removed today.  It changes the entire house.  It is probably really good for the house, but it destroys my hiding place.

The photographs of today

Are flying around the internet
At a speed I cannot
receive.

Are not of me,
they are of children who
run through my life.

Are of flowers
Purple bursts, red flashes
a yellow honey cone

stacked high on a green stalk.
A resting place
for butterfly, some bugs
my eye.

Salt and fresh water
surrounded by trees or
forever,  pushing away.

Are of family
gone grey, gone flabby
Eyes still full of
wondering ideals but tame
And I keep snapping the camera.
I keep recording what’s now
As the past comes up to me
Like slides on that old screen

where we watched in
the living room on Signal Hill
or Overridge Lane or Chestnut Hill
all gathered around the projector

displaying beauty
apple trees
glaciers
buildings in Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment