Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day # 231: A Week of Rememberance

#231
AHHHH  The neighborhood fearless cat.  He's really scary, isn't he?  Unfortunately, he's still killing off birds and chipmunks.  He loves the fact that I have let the backyard go wild.  It is his playground, his hunting site. 

8/19/2010

Everything is tall and done and ready to harvest.  There was a lot of talk about tomatoes today.  And apparently this corn is the sweetest in town.  I'll have to get some next week.



I've been rereading, Doing Oral History by Donald Ritchie the last couple of days.  If you are interested in collecting people's stories or doing any research through oral history, it is well worth your time. I keep thinking there is a way to make this into a regular job, and then I realize once again, how huge it is.  This project is huge.  


I have been trying to remember, but I believe that my daughter's Uncle John's birthday is today, and that it was this day in 1968 that Andy and I were in a pretty bad car accident near Wooster School in Danbury, CT.  My hand and arm were squashed between the roof of the car and the road.  The professionals who handled me did a really good job and probably I have almost total use of my right hand because of the surgeon who handled the emergency.  For years afterwards I had problems riding within a car with most other drivers.  I was very afraid of going around corners too fast.  But all in all, I was extremely lucky.  And Andy wasn't hurt at all.  That VW flipped so fast, it was probably a lot like a Coney Island ride.    

No comments:

Post a Comment