Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day # 213: A Study in seeing

#213


It's August. Just out beyond the hawk's nest there appears to be a sand bar and more rocks.  Right beyond the place where I am there is a rock formation called Purgatory Chasm.  It is the tip of Aquideck Island.  Rhode Island is a series of islands and rock formations interspersed with wildflowers and birds.  This has to be the perfect place to find your muse as a writer.  It is screaming just be yourself and write what you need to write.  But for me, that is permission to be as circuitous as I possibly can while my blood pressure stays calm and my blood sugar remains low.  What feels very physically nurturing to me is not helping me pull any patterns, analysis or conclusion together for these stories.



I am brought back to the Tutu's book and reminded once again that forgiveness is a way to open the doors in front of you.  I think it is true that sometimes we need anger to make us move, but other times I believe the anger keeps us from moving forward and forgiving those who couldn't or didn't provide what we needed helps to take steps towards being a content person. 

Yet I don't want to lecture in this book, nor tell people what I think they should do anymore than I want them to tell me what to do.  I want to tell the stories.  But the stories do imply a few things, and it would be good to pull those things together and help clarify them.    Once again I struggle with telling the story and not analyzing the story.

Drawing by Emma 7/31/2015

Photo by Lindy 5/31/2015
we did not share beforehand what we were doing.  She brought her drawing to me at midnight. Neither of us liked our own compositions, except we must have liked them enough to share them in the middle of the night.  She's so fun, jumps on my bed and says look as though I had been wide awake.  But there's nothing like a break in routine to allow spontaneity to take over and teach.  Thanks Emma for being such a wonderful teacher and learner.

Thus, I go back to just observing, watching; taking in what happens around me.  The subtlety of color change, texture change as the light disappears completely transfixes me.  


I did take the same photograph every 15 minutes between 6:30 and 8:30 this evening.  I won't post them here, but they are really fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment