Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Day # 236: Summer begins to slide away

#236


From Wellfleet to Greenfield, I wish I could describe the differences.  Massachusetts is one of the smallest states in the country, yet from east to west borders the changes are big.  It's not that you wouldn't see this remarkable caterpillar in Western Mass, nor that you wouldn't see lavender growing on the Cape, but the height and density of the trees is so very different.  The soil is very different.  We live in the valley of lush green.  I find it amazing. 




I saw the light arrive this morning.  I heard the birds and insects and saw it become lighter outside the open door of the bedroom I was sleeping in.  I then went back to sleep for a few hours.  Tonight we saw the sun set.  This wall of clouds above the sunset made for a beautiful sky.  By the time I drove home that wall of clouds looked like an upside down volcano.  It was not as blue and pink by then, rather it was yellow and brown and opposite it was a moon.  Yes, we traveled a lot and saw a lot of end of summer beauty.  School starts next week.  The parade is coming and the fair and we enter a new season.  It all is going way too fast.


photo by Emma

3 comments: