Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Day #233:It was about color

# 233



Welcome to Wellfleet and welcome to a day of wonderful color.  Watermelon for breakfast and an amazing orange tomato for lunch and barbecue chicken and zucchini for supper.


We are at this little piece of earth, gentle condensed piece of property shaded by the small scrub pine and cedar.  In Pt. Reyes these trees are gigantic: sequoia, doug fur and redwood, but back here it is contained,  miniature, doable.

I do feel my mother here, today, almost at the dunes of Ptown.  There are no bird sounds, just a few insects, quiet and still.  Her spirit is contemplative, watching me respond to my life.

 My body seems more buoyant in the kettle ponds of the Cape and Islands.  It feels like I could swim and float forever in that water.  It is like the water itself is plumper than the water of the Green River.
It holds me, caresses me; it is taking care of me.


That hand took this picture 5 years ago.  We had just all returned from Mom's funeral.  It had been a long and emotional day.  


8/21/2010 photo by David S.

No comments:

Post a Comment