Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day #218: Trying to Return


#218
Here I am back at the Bookmill, the sound of rushing river water dominates the back ground.  It is such a different water sound than that of the ocean.  I am in a stupor, wanting to go back to sleep all ready, wanting my nap.  It is true that I need to stay on my new routine and not return to the routine pre going away, but I am being taken over, my body possessed with the warm day, rice and beans and salad for lunch, take a nap now feeling.  Time to sleep here in the sun.  It is quiet and I am  drifting.
These are Emma's potatoes

and her morning glories

and her Dad's flower garden. 



I found it difficult to return to my life.  I want to change the palette of my home for sure.  The sea blue of the New England beach is soothing.  Maybe I should paint my bedroom walls that color.

I met with my friend with whom I'm working on my poetry manuscript.  We have not met in a while, so it was nice to catch up.  I did a lot of work on the book, but not a lot of work on poetry. The goal is to have a quarter of it compiled in 3 weeks.  That should be doable.


1 comment: