Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day #10: Found Beauty Today



Finding beauty was easy today.  The sun was strong.  The sky was really blue and around 2 shadows were popping up all over the place and taking pictures in a valley filled with water.  This made the task easy.  Oh I am so happy I live in this valley and that I am surrounded by so many rivers and streams.  Even in the dead of winter they surround you with amazing sights. 

I actually took a few shots that I really love, but I am trying to only post one a day this time through. In 2010 I had a really hard time limiting myself to one on my blog.  But later I managed to limit it to one per day and that's what I have saved on my supposed working manuscript that I thought would have been out into the world awhile ago.  But printing 365 pictures and some text is a mighty big expense, so it has not happened yet. 

When you were a kid did you use birch or aspen bark as paper?  I used to play house in the woods with different friends  next to our home .  We would use bark as paper and write each other notes.  We used berries for make believe food and created fake soup out of stuff all around us.  I had a place I thought was only known by me that I would go to.  I must have been around 11 or so.  I had a jar buried in the ground surrounded by ferns.  I don't know what kind of fern they were, but I loved sitting there and writing and then placing what I wrote in my jar and reburying it.  I've often wondered if that jar remained and if it was found when that piece of property got sold off into lots and many houses built on it.  What did my notes say to me?  I don't remember, I just remember having that space.  I think I dream of it sometimes, or I dream of finding my way home from it. And how long do you think lead markings last on birch bark?



No comments:

Post a Comment