Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day #31: Goodbye January

Winter Vegetables

I have a draft of a second original Mom's story as of today.  YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!   I'm in the middle of several interviews at this point, but I am still interested in finding a variety of stories.   I am still looking for more women who would like to tell their stories about relinquishing a baby for adoption.  If you are interested in participating in my book, leave me a comment or email me your contact information.   This process is very exciting, difficult, but exciting.

How do people feel about calling hours?  Today there were calling hours for a woman whom I admired a lot.  A woman who when I went to start The Literacy Project, Inc. in 1984 was unbending about the standards in which she expected us to live up to.  I was in complete agreement with her.  My goal, my vision was what she saw, but I had the realities of money hanging over my head.  She did not let me forget the goal, to compromise in the slightest.  She took me to task in a Chamber of Commerce meeting one morning about not being on Main St. She felt we needed to be even more central than we were, one block up.  I respected her.  I loved her.  I loved her determination and her guts. 

She died last Sunday at 93 after a good and meaningful life.    I decided to stay home and offer a prayer to her in the silence of my own space instead of going to calling hours.   R.I.P. Risky Case. You did good.





No comments:

Post a Comment