Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day #18: Stuck Inside Again






This is the weather I dislike the most.  Not only am I stuck inside again, but I am worried about all of my friends who have to be out on the roads.  This has not been a day to be on a road in the Northeast, nor apparently in places in the Northwest. 


 
 
A year ago we were white, and in 1978 we were preparing for a blizzard.     I kind of like it, although I'm not a good shoveler and arthritis makes it more difficult than it used to be.




 



Day #18 in 2010:
Seems to be a pattern in New England in January.    Although I do believe we get more rain and ice than we use to no matter what people argue. 




 
Now in 1962 it would have been snowing up a bundle and us Signal Hill kids would have been over at the Tannenbaum's sledding down the best sledding hill in all of America. We would have had our toboggans, our flyers, and our saucers and we would have been banging into each other and trees. Thank God no one was ever hurt on that run. Occasionally I would put all of my dolls on the toboggan with me and they would fly off the sled and I would have to trudge back up the hill and pick them all up stuffed in my snowsuit, barely able to move. Makes me laugh today to think about it. But that hill was supreme, and in the other months there was this huge swing that you would fly into the air over the hill. That was the best swing ever. Anyway, today my pine swing is more my style and I could no more get onto a toboggan. Last winter my younger sister went sledding over at the park with 2 of her granddaughters. I was so proud of her. It took great courage in my book. The three of them were laughing so hard. It was wonderful. I was jealous.



Anyway, the weather is supposed to be nice this week and I actually am happy for the day to concentrate on projects, which I did.



Somebody posted the Zinn Education Project fb page for me today. Here is the link. This is in relation to the learner centered curricula materials I asked about the other day.

https://www.facebook.com/ZinnEducationProject



 

No comments:

Post a Comment