Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Day #9: Bringing Me Back To The Source

Picture #9

The broken Maple tree tries to stay strong as parts of her fall off in the wind and snow.  She's tired and probably deserves a rest, but instead she's left to deteriorate piece at a time.  She is still home to several birds and squirrels and she feeds a lot of winged animals.  She's still producing sap.  She still greets me every morning. 

My old friend Ken passed away yesterday.  Funny how it took me right back into the center of my adoption story, right back into the dysfunction of a beautiful family.  And what I realized is his smile represents a touch of health within a hard time of life; a bit of a fourteen year old crush amongst a whole lot of grown up play.   I have been a true original Mom today, stuck in a level of grief that skims the top of my heart.  R.I.P. Kenny.

I am not posting more tonight.    Sweet dreams, you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment