Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Day #30: Balancing or Braiding Again



Day #30


My brain works in circles.  It would make it much easier if I could be a little more linear.  I don't want to be entirely linear, for my circular way allows me to pull in strands others might just not see.  I go back and look again and pull the braid together eventually.  I do this with several projects at once.  I'm getting awfully afraid my brain is going to stop being able to handle the ongoing sense of juggling. 

How does this relate to this blog?  Well in some ways I am trying to keep three strands alive in this context.  The first is this 365 Day project.  I woke this morning wanting to make my picture intentional today.  Within the first hour I had taken this picture.  It was snowing, but the snow had not stopped the world, it just was gently snowing. Thus, my intentional documentation of today.

The Second is my book on  adoption which takes up a lot of my time and a lot of my brain time.  I watched a lecture today on Adoption and Addiction.  It was really well done, and I'd like to link it to this blog tonight.  I am trying.  I get the link on, but not the picture, or just the shortcut.  But for those of you really interested in the adoption questions, you will click on the link if you desire.  It is worth the hour.  It was recommended by Carol Schafer and Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy, whose names are beginning to be recognized, I hope.

The Third is beauty, or balance, which I am trying to do in different ways; i.e. Tutus' book on forgiveness.  I also want to place some slide shows on the blog just for the sake of beauty and calm.  I'm thinking I can do a book of photos for people to use as stimulus for silent reflections and writing.  Tell me if you would be interested in such a book.

I believe that these three goals can be wrapped in together to create an interesting blog.  If anyone would like to guest write on a subject or has an idea for something to cover, or if you have something you want me to post, contact me at lindy.whiton@gmail.com





http://www.thelostdaughters.com/2014/12/join-us-at-american-adoption-congress.html

So this is the link to Lost Daughters and not to the American Adoption Congress Conference.
The sign is the name of the conference which is being held in Cambridge, Ma. in March and looks really interesting.  This group covers all members of the triad.  They even have a couple workshops for birth dads, which I'm really happy to see.  (Nobody talks about birthdads or originals dads at all.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pX4C-mtiI&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428#t=540

This is the link to the lecture by Paul Sunderland.  I really recommend it to anyone who wants to understand the connection between adoption and PTSD and addiction.  He is looking at the high correlation of adoptees and those addicted to substances and how to help.  This is truly an important topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment