Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day #19:Iced Over But Mobile

 
 

It was the year 698 AD and the king of magicians, Merlin, had not yet discovered the fine and talented Emma.  One day while walking and thinking, Merlin heard the low tones of a long wooden flute.  He saw before him the musician who played such beauty through the trees atop a snow covered rock.  They were beside the magical spot "Heron Pond" where green herons were known to fly onto the shoulders of humans with power.  Emma had been experiencing the power of green herons since she was 3.  Now she played her long flute amidst their nests, alone,  discovering new music to play for her parents.  Merlin was enthralled.

OK, I have a question.  My friend Loren is living in Jerusalem.  She reads this blog daily.  In the stats for the blog there is a page that lists the countries where people live who have read the posting.  Israel never comes up, nor does Jerusalem on its own.  Anybody know why it does not record.  Does it have anything to do with the protective shield Israel has?  Any guesses?

One of my nieces, Moriah Austin, referred to my narrative on sledding as an ode.  I think she's right, I think I made an ordinary thing extraordinary.  The more I thought about it the more I realized my writing in general is kind of a narrative ode.  Jamie Collyer, if you read this posting, chime in, tell me what you think.  Is my writing "narrative ode"?  

I thought I would write a poem a day for the next week.  I did not start today, my day was much fuller than I had anticipated.  I did more with Emma and her assignment.  That was really fun and took me up into the pond that she and I like to visit.  The road was a sheet of ice up there and the pond was not.
Instead it was this green murky color.  Anyway, by the time I got back from our adventure, writing a poem was not in the cards.  But writing a narrative ode to green murky water maybe, or an ode to icy roads.  I hope tomorrow I am able to start my poem a day for a week.  I have writing tomorrow night, therefore, I can attend to the assignment.   Wish me luck and anyone who wants to write the next paragraph to the Merlin story, feel free.  It would make a good group writing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment