Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Day #26: Seventh Poem: Gratitude

Community Garden 1/26/15
 
Gratitude
for Anna Berry
 
I am grateful for time
time to smell
   chicken and pear cooking in the oven
to breath
   intentionally into my toes
   hold 6 release 8
to take naps
   on cloudy afternoons
   when the calm before the storm
   makes my eyes droop.
 
I am grateful for connections
connections to
   family
   friends who watch over me
   tease me
   depend on me
   sing with me
to a practice
   of intention
   of others' gratitude
 
I am grateful for the presence
   the insight and wisdom
   the past has brought.
   Stories that inform
   pictures that transform
   music that comforts
   movement that maintains.
I am grateful.
 

Seven poems in seven days, another form of intention, another form of beauty to balance out my life.

I hope I don't loose power in the next 24 hours, but if I do, I will write my blog longhand and post it as soon as I can.  I've gotten into the swing of this so I now look forward to it.  Writing was canceled for tomorrow night, so I will do it in this form instead.

I know my posted questions don't get answered, but does anyone know how to post a slideshow on a blog?  My slideshows are in Picassa. 

And the final question of the day is: what animal print is this?

3 comments: