Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2: Getting On Track.


Second day,  woa….. I’d forgotten how much intention this takes.  One has to photograph and one has to write to complete the task every day.  Today I had so many errands to run and practical things to accomplish; I finally had to just go take pictures.  I had to say, you’ll lose the light if you don’t go now, so after I put the groceries away I got back in the car and I went and found some beauty close by. 

The weather was kind of unpredictable and I wasn’t sure where to look first.   I’m out of practice at searching for photos.  In the past year or two I have let the pictures come to me, but this year, if I am going to be intentional about posting a picture daily, then I have to be intentional about taking them.  I love it.
 
 

Today’s beauty was in the pasture with the horses.  5 years ago there was a donkey and a mare.  Now there is a 4 year old son and a big white horse.  They were all interested in my camera, but I think they wanted me to come closer with treats, which I did not do, I just watched them.

I also thought about how this process can help me with the process of writing my book.  I can be intentional and organized about it again.  It’s like getting back on track or something.  I can’t really explain it; I just know it is the right move.

A side note on posting 2010’s pictures.   I have to rescan them into the computer and then post them.  I will do that so people can get the 5 year span.  It’s funny, Day 2 of 2010 was of a friend in the parking lot of the same market I went to today.  In the picture there are snowflakes, today there were snow showers. But I didn’t like any of the pictures from there; the horses were much more interesting.

I will build steam; this will get more interesting as it develops.  I really like knowing I have a creative venue to work on.  Anyone want to join me?

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment