Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day #17: Live Near Big and Wise Animals

 
My Day #17 picture is of Leyden cows.  Anyone know how good a cow's hearing is?  They always know when you are about to take their picture.  Just a truth.  Today Emma and I drove all around Leyden in order for her to do her photo assignment for school.  We had fun.  She climbed high onto a hill in her sneakers and took pictures of the tops of the trees.
 
 
I took this picture from the spot that she began her climb.   She went on up and pointed the camera upwards not down or across at the vista.   Watching her project develop is going to be really fun for me. 

 
Shirley and Tarra exited the barn on Thursday morning to find a light dusting of snow on the habitat. Much trumpeting followed. The sun quickly melted the snow, but not before we were able to take a picture or two.     Elephant Sanctuary post 1/17/15
  
 
 #Elephants Shirley and Tarra exited the barn on Thursday morning to find a light dusting of snow on the habitat. Much trumpeting followed. The sun quickly melted the snow, but not before we were able to take a picture or two.

 
 
 

I would truly like to go and volunteer here for a time.  I love these animals and I think we could learn a lot from interacting with them.  I used to get this feeling of age and wisdom when I looked out over the Green Mountains in Vershire, Vt.; as though the mountains themselves had wisdom written in their cells.  They say it about the whale, too, that the history of life is embedded in their genetic make up.   It is the same feeling I get when I stare at elephants. When I was in I high school I always thought it would be really cool to have my own elephant to ride to school.  I guess I figured if I were going to stand out anyway, I might as well do it in style. 
 
Wolf Conservation Center, New York  (photo taken from their fb page)
 
A new film, the "Right to be Wild," is a tale of hope, struggle, survival and determination. It is the story of the Mexican gray wolf; a wolf that is one the most endangered mammals in North America and the most endangered subspecies of gray wolf in the world. It is also a story about the folks of all ages who work hard and tirelessly trying to save them. Be a part of the film by becoming with a contribution. Every penny counts! http://bit.ly/1xiUQMh
THANK YOU!
 
I think our next road trip will be to this place.  This wise animal speaks to Emma the way the elephant speaks to me.  I hope we go this winter.   
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment