Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day #29: Trying to write an introduction

#29
 
I have  had very bad luck today holding onto one thought and seeing it through.  I don't know why.  I've been trying to think about the introduction to this book of mine and why I still feel it is important to write.  I have also been thinking about my own daughter and whether it isn't important for me to try to connect with her one more time.  Reunions seem to be a very important part of this story and while most of the women who I have interviewed, thus far, have been in reunion with their child the outcomes are completely different in each case.  And I have only spoken to the moms. 
 
The first exercise in the Tutu book is to hold a stone in your non-dominant hand for an entire morning and note how it impacts your life.  They specifically ask what are the negatives and what are the positives.  Getting into the pool and going to the deep end in order to do palates with a stone in your hand is clumsy, uncomfortable, throws you off balance.  But when you need to hammer in the nail that you've caught your sock on fifteen times, it is quite convenient.   Unfortunately, the negatives seem to really outweigh the positives.  Is holding onto resentments like holding on to a rock?  Worth trying.  Really.
 
I went around and took pictures today, I felt it necessary because the sky was so blue, the sun so warm and the fields so white.  I took fewer than you would believe, but I think some of them were nice.  I'll post 2 more just cause it's that kind of day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment