Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Day #23: Poem Four

 
This was kind of a strange day.  I didn't accomplish a lot of what I wanted to, yet I managed to take a lot of different photographs, witness a big fire, and write 4 poems, two of which I will share.
 
I've loved too many boys who died too young
passed away;
two murders
how many people have
two ex lovers
murdered in their 30.s?
two cancer, heart attack, and a stroke.
those were just the lovers
there were friends, too;
accidents and illnesses
loss and grief
this is the flip side of magic.
 
Grief and magic
   appear on opposite
   sides of a gold dollar.
I spend my time flipping
that coin wanting magic
to land up
getting grief instead
statistically biased
someone must have stuck their gum
on the magic side.
Yet I don't seem to give up hope.
I pick the coin up off the brick floor
toss it once again.
_________________________________
 
Shadow upon ice
a dark trunk long arms erect
reflect no warm trend.
 
 

 
 

2 comments: