Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day #11: Sunday Sunday

 
 
She looked straight at us and spread her wings.  I wasn't quick enough to get that initial spread.  She was gorgeous, really big and it was a grey background on a Sunday afternoon.  Everything is reminding me of songs today.

I'm wavering back and forth between talking about issues that are impacting my book and just keeping the focus of the blog on the 365 Day Project and the beauty in our world.  It's been kind of difficult to talk about beauty in the past couple of weeks, but that is exactly why I wanted to do it.   I don't want to wipe away the difficult stuff, I just want to have both in the forefront.  All day I have been mulling over in my mind whether or not this blog is a good venue for me to state what I'm thinking about in the world of adoption and using it as a platform, or to keep it more open than that.

For example, one thing that I have been thinking a lot about in the past week is the need for therapists specializing in adoption.  There are some, but not enough around the country and not enough where there is poverty and a big need for it.  Humans sometimes have an inability to separate the things they need to accept responsibility for and things they need to let go of.  They need to be able to make sense of some of the boundary issues in our lives, and if they are also suffering from PTSD, they need real help doing that.  Women are taking responsibility for things they clearly had no power over and not accepting responsibility for their own stuff such as drug behavior.  Again, the addition of substances on top of the PTSD is both understandable and increases the complexity by 10.  I think I stated when I first started this blog in the summer that I was amazed at the loose anger that fills the field.  I still am amazed, but I'm also profoundly unhappy about how little help there is for original mothers to cope with grief and loss.  There are people doing the work, believe me, I know and respect it, but not enough of it is being picked up.  We have to continue to support our peers to go into the field. 

 I am starting a support group in the area for original moms with a fellow mom here in Franklin County this month.  I'm excited about it and have searched out advice from people who have been doing it for awhile.  People have been very generous with their time and ideas.   I really appreciate it.  If you are in the area and interested in joining us, please feel free to message me.  We are anxious and excited to meet you.

As for hawks on Sunday afternoon, they bring messages.  This one wasn't ready to give us her message, yet.  I am also not sure for whom the message was meant.  I think me, because she appeared in my view long before the others saw her, but who knows.  Her back was black and white modeled.  I thought she was a redtail, but Emma thinks she was some other kind of hawk.  She maybe right, there was no red tail.

I'd love it if people who are reading daily would hit the follow button so I had an idea of how many people are coming back.  I'd also love it if people responded or asked questions or told me what they'd like to hear about.  Let me know.  I seem to have 6 followers in France.  That is cool; who are you, tell us a little about yourself.   

I am going to start a link page this coming week.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.  Anyway, thanks for your support, I am really appreciative.  Also anyone interested in seeing more of my photography or  who might be interested in acquiring something, if you go to fineartsamerica.com you can find LIndy Whiton (actually if you Google image me you'll get Fine Arts of America first).  Or message me and let me know what you might be interested in.  



2 comments: