Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day #4: Stuck In Fog


Day 4: home in the fog; both literally and figuratively
Early January is just odd, it always is.  Looking through the pictures from 2010 I can see the fog and ice that seems to be a must.   T he actual snowstorm part doesn’t seem to come until the end of the month into February.  Today was no exception. 

 


I took pictures inside the major orchard nearby.  T h e pictures are almost spooky, and almost comforting.  I find it very strange. 

I haven’t been able to write today either.  I’ve wanted to.  I think there is a poem bubbling up inside me.  In lieu of t hat not formed poem I am posting one I wrote a year ago and have not shared a lot.

Along the river’s edge

dead grass bent laden with
 
cold rushing water carrying

ice chunks past the bleak ground.

I am crying.

I look out across the river into

the woods beyond.

Cannot believe there is not a large

bird sitting on a limb nearby.

 

Ice dipped whiskers reaching out

over the water pointing down.

Evergreens look like they have

been covered in lace

weighted down, adding both texture and

tone to the dark green awnings

across the river bed.

I am waking, crawling,

trying to get out of my frozen cocoon.

I am moaning inside, a nausea that is slowly

whirling around my solar plexus, an ache

spinning in my brain; my 3rd eye

too busy swirling to watch for signs

to read the leaves or envision how

rich our problems are.

 

Humanity

I believed that you could heal.

What if I’m wrong?

What if we created so many toxins

that we cannot fix what we’ve broken?

Brains of a 20 year old shorted out

blocked from knowing pain.

what if it is too late?

 

The water keeps pouring down the faces of rock

small whirlpools develop along the way.

A rock imposed or a tree trunk fallen,

not enough to stop the flow, just enough

to alter the route, cause a turn

where none was before.

 


 

Am I wondering away from beauty?  No, not really, just dipped in reflection.  Fog does that you know? 

 

P.S.  I haven’t put this out in a while now, but if you are an original mother and would like to share your story please send me contact information.   I still need a few Moms to be part of my book.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment