Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day #1 A New Line of Beauty


Day 1

It is the beginning of 2015 and like I did in 2010, I am choosing to add beauty daily and intentionally.   2014 was good in many ways, and I began this project that is so important to me, recording the voices of original mothers, women who lost babies to adoption.   This is emotionally difficult work; doing it keeps you submerged in the trauma and the sadness that so many women carry with them.  It has brought my sadness to a new level, and it has freed me.  It is freeing to know you are not the only one.

But I need to balance that sadness.  I am  by nature an optimistic person and I have learned over the years that it is healthy to feel your true feelings and it is healthy to feel the entire spectrum of feelings .  So this new 365 Day project will be that intentional balance.   I’m excited to focus on the beauty around me at a time when balance is necessary for all of us on this planet.  It is not an easy time.  

Today I went back to the duck pond at GCC.  In 2010 there were a lot of duck pond photos, so it felt natural to start there.  When Emma was younger we went there if we were bored or sad.  It is a tradition I don’t think I need to let o of just because she is now a teenager. 

I will post a picture of the day and the picture I posted 5 years ago.  Sometimes my commentary will be reflective life narrative, and sometimes it will be an update of the original mother project.  I hope you follow me this year and if you feel like it, please always feel free to comment.

Here is to a great new year.   

2 comments:

  1. (it ate my comment. i have a love/hate thing with blogs. i shall try again)
    lovely post, Lindy, ducks and text - thank you. i have, myself, longed to do a 365 but always sputtered and flooded. perhaps this shall be my year, inspired by you.
    wishing you brightness and depth in15.
    warm greetings from the left coast, lori B (www.photoLo.us)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, nice to hear from the left coast!!!! Thanks for checking in and I hope we can blab about blogs at some point. Yours, Lindy

    ReplyDelete