Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day #6: Finding What I Need

 
 
 
 
 
 



 I stayed up late last night and tried to find a place or a time to shoot the moon.  By the time I did, it was January 6th and no longer useful for yesterday.  None of the shots were good enough to use as my Day 6 shot though.  And what I am sharing is of Emma, which had to happen sooner or later.  Here she sits drawing, composed in thought.  She is balance for me, although sometimes I’m not sure why.  I do take a lot of pictures of her and she was Day 6 five years ago, too.

Tuesday nights will be difficult to post on because it is my writing workshop night.  Sometimes I will write something appropriate to post and other times a photo will have to do.  Tonight you get my little narrative about my post  and a beginning list of interesting blogs and links to adoption sites.   This is a true integration of all my missions squished together.  Forgive me, it is how my mind works; one continual spirally snail shell.

Sidetracked…. One of the first things I learned about Jean Piaget was that he and Beatrice Potter studied the mollusk shell together to explore thought. 

This is by no means a complete list of resources.  I think what I will do is just add onto it as I go along.  There are two really good lists that you can find immediately.

1.   A list of resources is in Musing of the Lame, Claudia Corrigan D’Arcy’s blog  www.Musingofthelame.com

2.   An interesting list is of novels and books on all aspects of adoption by Suzanne Gilbert.  The list is a facebook page titled Orphans, Adoptees and Birth Searcher fiction.  Suzanne keeps an ongoing list of fiction with some reviews or little synopses.  I really have found it interesting and useful.

As for a couple of links:

1.   www.CUBirthparents.org is wonderful

2.   LostDaughters.com check this out, this group is open and supportive and interested in many different facets of the adoption world.

Two more Facebook pages I read a lot are

Birthmothers Only Adoption Group: Cathi R’ha Ben Sun facilitator

And Is Adoption Trauma Community. 

More tomorrow, and I will continue to add to the list. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment