Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day #7: One Week

I learned a couple things today.  The first thing is that when it is really cold out, 7 degrees when I left the house this morning, it is best to bring your camera in the early a.m. because the shots, the potential A+ pictures exist early in the morning with all that crystal action happening.  But instead I left late for an acupuncture appointment and was in a hurry and just had to see all those shots go by.  Emma thinks that is good for me, that I don't have to document everything.  But it is hard to let go when you are  taking a picture every day for a specific purpose.

Second thing I learned is our memories are not extremely good editors.  We edit the past, shrink it to make more room for more memories, you know like a zip drive or something, but unfortunately when you go to recall the memory it does not come back out whole.  Oh well.  Maybe this is good, maybe this saves us from a lot of extra emotions.

By the time I got back to my camera, the sun was already setting.  There was supposed to be something exciting happening in the Southern Sky at 5 or so, but it was too cold to go set up a tripod somewhere, so you all have to settle for the first Selfie of the year.  (notice elephant incense burner in the background.) 

Again I am not sure how much I want to write about in this project; how much do I want to focus on actual events of the day that make up my balance or make up the journey of writing this book.  Today I was completely sidetracked.  I dug through old photographs to find some of my old friend who is dying.  I found my album that covers 1966-1969.  I did find pictures of Ken, and I did spend a little time in memoryville.  YUCK.  I am glad I made it through and I am happy for many of the people that were in my life at the time, but boy was I not a happy teenager. 

So tomorrow is another cold day, maybe I will get up early and photograph the crystals.  I am going out noontime and I am going to a picturesque place so tomorrows photos will at least be more interesting.  Meanwhile, my research continues.  I am still looking for some Moms to interview.  And I will make reservations to a conference in March in Boston tomorrow.

Enough, sleep tight.  And remember only 51 more weeks to go.
Ken Ziem, 1968, Wilton, CT
 

No comments:

Post a Comment