Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day #8: getting better organized




Earlier this week I described my life as being in the middle of a “beam up;” that Scotty had started the process of beaming me up and I hadn’t been put back together molecularly.  I feel as though all of the elements are there floating around in circles, orbiting around each other but not congealing, not organizing themselves back into a whole.

But today, after some interaction with good listeners, I feel a little more organized, a little more put together.  I may actually have a timeline for the book and some actual goals to work towards on a short term basis.  This is a relief. 

“Refuge In Grief”   quote today was…

The important thing is to not allow yourself to be drawn into battle. Your grief is not an argument. It doesn't need to be defended.It's awkward at first, but clarifying your boundaries and redirecting the conversation will become a lot easier the more you practice it.

This is such a hard lesson to learn, our inabilities to see this maintains our own victimhood,  keeps us from being able to move through the trauma and to accept grief as part of our wholes.  I like this site; it’s a good FB page to like because it often posts affirmations that really ring true.  I highly recommend it for anyone who struggles with long term grief.  It has been very helpful.

The other thing I did today was go the Bookmill and write.  I think I’m going to make it my new writing/reading space.  It is so positive there; it is open and full of light and water is running.  Even with the ice floes forming the power of water is palpable.  It feeds me and helps both with concentration and creativity.

 


Here is today’s photo, I actually spied a bald eagle and took a couple pictures of him soaring above the river.  But he is not my pick of the day.  My pick is of a touch of color on a very cold day.

 









Two new links.
Lhttp://www.blogger.com/blog-this.g
Life of Von.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment