Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day # 27: Blizzard Stayed East of Us

no 18-24 inches for me.


I have several projects going at once these days.  The first one is this book which I started investigating nine months ago.  I think the gestation period is going to be a little longer than usual, but that was true for my daughter, as well.  At the moment I am interviewing five women and they are helping me to figure out the best way to do the interviews.  The process has been complicated. When I jumped in with both feet last spring, the responses were immediate and big; some of them were positive and some were negative.  At times it has been overwhelming to take in everyone’s’ responses and to hear all the stories, yet I have not lost my desire to document them in order for the truths to be heard and to inspire and for the subject of adoption to continue to be made more open and clear to the public.

My opening question to original moms has been “where does the story begin for you?”  I am amazed where people begin; some start with an abuse story, some start with the birthing story and some start with “I had to get away from my family.”  And the same is true for the end, for some there is no end with or without reunion, for others the story ends at a rejection or at a death.  For me the story doesn’t end.  It has become a piece of me “a thread in my weaving.”

Well, for Western Massachusetts the Blizzard of 2015 was kind of a letdown, but it also  forced everyone to stop and take a day of rest.  I began The Book of Forgiving, by Desmond and Mpho Tutu.  I am very excited about it.  I think it has come into my life just as I am ready to forgive and be forgiven.  I really recommend it to anyone interested in being more intentional and full of gratitude it their life.  If you pick it up, let me know what you think.

Picture taking was a bust today, too windy and cold. Thus, a picture of the backyard after the plow came.  It’s the first picture of the swing I have posted so far.  I take a lot of pictures of that swing.  My friend Patrick built that swing with and for Emma when she was 3.  It makes children extremely happy and entertains them for hours.  I love it.

Until tomorrow, be good to yourself.  Night!

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to read this new book on forgiving! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete